Gas cylinder blast, house gutted in Anantnag

Gas cylinder blast, house gutted in Anantnag

By: Javeed Bhat MK


Residential house was gutted in a blaze after a gas cylinder blast in Liver village of Anantnag on Wednesday, police and locals said. The fire and emergency services reached on spot and contained the fire so it did not spread to other structures in its vicinity.

GNS while reporting this incident from Liver village has said that the house of one Reyaz Ahmad Ganaie son of Ghulam Mohammad caught fire this afternoon after an LPG cylinder went off. The fire soon spread to the whole structure dealing substantial damage to it besides the belongings kept inside.

The Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES) reached the spot to contain the fire with assistance from locals. After an hour of hectic efforts, the fire was controlled from spreading to other structures in the vicinity.

It has been learnt that the daughter of the house owner has received minor injury in her foot during the incident.

Confirming the incident, Tehsildar Pahalgam Dr Mohamad Hussain Ahmad told GNS that the residential house has received major damage in the inferno.

“We are assessing the loss into it”, the official added.

With inputs from GNS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.